This page will hopefully chronicle the building of the Flats Stalker 18 from Bateau.com, a plywood composite skiff intended for chasing redfish in extremely shallow water. This will be my first foray into both boat building and web pages. Wish me luck! The posts on this page will only display with the most recent at the top, so if you want to start at the beginning, scroll down to the bottom and work your way up. The archive on the right is in chronological order, however. Most of the pictures can be clicked for a larger image. Feel free to leave comments by clicking the Comments link at the bottom of each post.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hull Panels

Took a break last night to watch the movie "Half Nelson" (avoid it unless you have a soft spot for crackhead middle school teachers), but I got a little more done today. Started on the second half of the hull: a little more grinder-based wood mangling, cleanup with the random ordit, and I was able to place the splices on one face of the panels. Tomorrow I'll flip them and do the other face. That should give me a couple days to glue up the stringers before the weekend. With the transom, stringers and hull panels all finished, I can start the process of building the boat. I'm going to have to order the adapter that allows my sander to attach to a shop-vac hose. The amount of dust the thing puts out is outrageous. The garage looks like it's had a liberal dusting of paprika right now.

No comments: